Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Packing on a Whim

When packing on a whim to go camping, I recommend making a list. There's plenty on the internet if you haven't been in a while, so take advantage of the free information out there. Things I found very useful were sleeping pads, repellent, lighting, extra shoes, machete, grocery bags, small radio, dish soap and scrubber, pie irons, and large cooler with ice.



Since Standing Stone State Park didn't have primitive tent areas, it allowed me quite a bit of flexibility with how I was going to pack. An unlimited water and electrical supply meant that I didn't have to lug in a bunch of water. I could bring multiple use cans, a tea kettle, French press for great coffee, soap for washing dishes and hands, and a little radio for listening to music. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment